- How do I restore the prompts for read-only or ... (3241 views)
- What is an activation or product number? (1509 views)
- Where is the Horticopia Data folder located? (1226 views)
- How do I authorize a new computer? (1216 views)
- What is an activation or product number? (1137 views)
- How do I terminate my license if I have ... (1134 views)
- How do I terminate my license if I have ... (1132 views)
- What is an Omitted or Hidden Picture? (1131 views)
- What can I do if I get an error ... (1082 views)
- How do I find my Version/Build number? (1026 views)
- An I/O error occurred while installing a file (2012-10-16 21:30)
- What can I do if I get an error ... (2012-09-28 17:43)
- How do I decompress the database files? (2012-09-18 22:11)
- Where is the Horticopia Data folder located? (2012-08-29 19:00)
- How do I reinstall the HorticopiaPDF printer? (2012-08-07 20:30)
License file problem -- CANNOT READ FILE -- 8
This error message indicates that HORTICOPIA® Professional program is having problems accessing your license file for the program. The license file is called HortPro.lf and is usually stored in the Horticopia Data folder if you are running version IV or V. If you are running version 3, HortPro.lf is located at \Horticopia\HortData. This file is highly sensitive and you should not attempt to move or open it.
License file problem--Cannot read file
This message occurs when the HORTICOPIA® Professional program cannot read your primary license file. Be sure that the current user has access to read the file from the installation directory. If the current user has access to this file and you still receive this message, it probably means that something has happened on your system that has corrupted the file. (Attempting to open this file in another program will corrupt this file) If this has happened, you will need to email your existing HortPro.lf file to Horticopia Support. We will need to repair the file for you and send it back to you so that you can replace the file on your system.
- What can I do if I get an error about MSXML 6.0 during SQL Server installation?
- Error: 43 ERR_REGISTRY_QUERY
- An I/O error occurred while installing a file
- Cannot create folders/files in ...
- Upgrading to Version V Software without the Version V Plant Library
167/5%Last update: 2011-09-08 20:15
Author: Horticopia Support
You cannot comment on this entry