Note: This applies only to installations on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems.
To avoid installation problems and possible system corruption, it is important that the version of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express and Windows XP (or Windows Server 2003) be compatible. To avoid possible mismatched SQL Server installations, the HORTICOPIA Professional setup system will no longer perform an automatic installation of SQL Server 2005 Express for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems.
Before proceeding, you should make sure that your system is backed up.
If you are installing or reinstalling HORTICOPIA® Professional Version V on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003:
Install the Microsoft SQL Server software first
The most current version at the time the HORTICOPIA® Professional software disk was published may be installed by:
- Inserting the HORTICOPIA® Professional software disk in your CD drive
- If the HORTICOPIA setup program starts, just exit it by clicking OK without accepting the license agreement.
- You can check the service pack version of the Microsoft SQL Server on the software disk by opening the file D:\Software\SQL\license.txt. Do not install the SQL Server if the service pack is not 4
- From your Start, select Run.. and enter
You may also get the most current version from Microsoft’s website. This is the recommended approach. As of the date of this document, the latest version was Service Pack 3. It may be found at:
You can use all the default options during the installation.
If you are installing only for a network client workstation, only the client Connectivity Components need to be installed
After the installation is complete, you should reboot your computer to make sure the installation proceeded properly.
Install the HORTICOPIA® Professional software
If the version on your software disk is older than 5.0.304, then:
- download and save the current software disk image (iso file):
- You can burn the downloaded file to a CD or use "virtual CD" software
- Once the CD (actual or virtual) is loaded, run the setup in the root of the CD image
- You can also download a zip version of the disk image: